Saturday 31 May 2008

As far as carbon goes, I have huge feet

We have been discussing as a family what we should do to cut our fuel costs (or, should I say, I have been nagging the kids about turning lights and computers off...). This led us to discuss what we should cut back. I find that I have two treasured luxuries that I am prepared to bankrupt myself to maintain - my tumbledrier, and deep hot bubbly baths.

Even worse, I am still, very guiltily, using free plastic bags from Tesco, mainly because otherwise I would have to buy bags to wrap my rubbish in to throw away. This gives me an excuse to show you this Tim Minchin video......



It appears I am an environmental monster.

What do you think I should make my priority to give up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

as long as the computer stays, for goodness sake...don't get too crazy with your new environmentalism. :)

chatterbox said...

The computer is a necessity, not a luxury, so I intend to keep it, even if I have to rig up cycle power.