Thursday 12 February 2009

Alternative Realities



I started watching Moses Jones purely because of Shaun Parkes who was one of my choices for the next Dr Who. As Matt Smith plays the assistant/sidekick role it is giving me constant reminders of what could have been. Moses Jones is written by Joe Penhall of Landscape with Weapon and Blue/Orange fame so it ought to be good, and on many levels it is. I’m enjoying the plot and the nods to 70’s blaxploitation movies, and there is brilliant acting all round, but I have to say the dialogue is more than a bit flaky, and on more than one occasion it has only been the wonderfulness of the acting that has prevented me from throwing something at the screen. I saw Shaun Parkes as Aaron the Moor at the Globe a couple of years ago, and he was swashbucklingly, joyously evil so that I still chuckle to myself every time I think of it. More of this gorgeous and talented actor please……..

No comments: