Friday 17 October 2008

Absolutely bloody fabulous

Yes, I'm resorting to the lazy blogger's lifeline, a youtube clip, and a chat about what's on the telly.

Life is very hectic at the moment, so a tv programme has to be very special for me to make the effort. Even more so, when you consider that I usually share my viewing with my teenage sons. Beautiful People has really hit the spot though. Based on the book by Simon Doonan and with the wonderful Olivia Coleman as the mum, Debbie, it is about a gay teenager growing up in Reading during the 90's, with the usual comedy complement of idiosyncratic family and friends. What makes the difference though is the amount of really sharp lines which have made us all laugh out loud, mixed with a seriously over-the-top campness. More Malcolm in the Middle than The Wonder Years, we're now half way through the series, but you should still watch it if you can. Here's a clip from episode 2.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not the best thing ever, but it has had a view good bits per episode. And you've chosen my favourite bit from that particular episode.

chatterbox said...

A few good bits per episode is quite good going at the moment I think.

And yes, that scene was particularly good. Although I could have done without the sparkly yellow road at the end.