Saturday 4 October 2008

The Odd Shoe Shuffle

The last time I went out with odd shoes on was 17 years ago, and I had plenty of justification.
  1. I was pregnant with twins so couldn't see my feet

  2. It was dark when I put my shoes on

  3. The shoes were the same style, just different colours

I have just got back from Tesco, where I looked down at my feet beyond the trolley to see this:



On the left, my smart-ish Tesco-suitable boots. On the right, my muddy, baggy and quite frankly a bit leaky gardening boots. I am not pregnant, it wasn't dark, and one is a whole inch higher in the heel than the other. I would be glad of any explanation that doesn't include senility.

On the plus side, I did finish my shopping pretty quickly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least from this angle, I prefer the gardening boots.

chatterbox said...

The gardening boots were very lovely in their youth, but nowadays they need a bit of sprucing up before they should be allowed out in public. Bit like their owner.

chatterbox said...

Actually... their owner has probably *always* needed a bit of sprucing up before being allowed out in public.

Anonymous said...

I've done odd socks loads, but never odd shoes.

Didn't your feet feel odd... one heavier than the other?

chatterbox said...

Hello Billy: I wasn't aware of noticing a different weight, or even heel height until I looked down. I wish I could claim that my mind was occupied with such weighty issues that temporal matters passed me by, but I don't really think my shopping list can count.